Tie-Front Blouses Are Becoming The Go-To Look In DC, Especially For Spring- We're Sharing Our Top 5 Picks!
Look at a businessman- any businessman. He looks poised, polished, and professional, but what exactly gives him this look? It’s his tie- the most widely-used accessory in a man’s closet! Just like accessories for women, the tie pulls together the entire outfit.
The menswear-for-women look has come and gone countless times, but in my opinion, it’s always chic! If done right, of course. The best way to recreate any look is to “borrow” the key pieces and adapt them to the style of the wearer. If you haven’t guessed already, the tie is the focal point of the menswear style. Before a woman can adopt the style, she has to feminize it! And what better way than a tie-front blouse? Here are my top 5 designer picks for Spring:
1. Vivienne Westwood Red Label. ($298) This stylish blouse is incredibly feminine, yet still professional. It boasts a square neckline, leafy print pattern, and an extremely flattering, fitted waist. The exaggerated bow in the center is just enough to grab attention without going overboard. An added bonus? It’s made in Italy!
2. Jason Wu ($595) Jason Wu keeps the style timeless with a simple white button-down shirt, but he makes it unique with a polka-dot neck-tie. Overall, it still has the prim-and-proper feel, but stands out in comparison to other tie-front blouses. It’s bit of a splurge, but totally worth it!
3. Stella McCartney ($825) Stella McCartney’s take on the style may rest at the highest price point of my picks, but it’s simple to see why- This Zeta Tie-Neck Blouse is the most classic approach to adapting the menswear style, as it features an ascot neckline and long bishop sleeves, while still maintaining its romantic feminine charm with white silk.
4. Rebecca Minkoff. ($82) Rebecca Minkoff’s Tatiana Blouse incorporates both the tie-front style, as well as the animal print trend that will be no stranger to our wardrobe come this spring. This leopard-print blouse features a contrasting neck tie and four stand-out buttons. And the best part? It’s on sale!
5. D&G ($485) This mimosa-printed tie-neck blouse brings bright florals into the menswear style, creating the perfect top that is sure to carry you through spring. This loose-fitting silhouette has a high collar and raglan sleeves, and with this bright print, you’ll be sure not to get lost in the crowd!
So there you have it- our top designer picks for Tie-Front Blouses! Although they're all splurge-worthy, we know they're not for everyone. Be sure to use these styles for inspiration as well, so you can look chic without emptying your wallet! You can thank us later.(As seen on JoonBug DC)