While we thought the actual fashion on the runway of Christian Dior's Fall 2011 show was extreme, it was nothing compared to the makeup! Although the beauty looks may have been a little extreme, the heavy use of opaque shades were undoubtedly striking. Here are a few tips to create a more wearable version of the colorblock-style eyes:
1. Begin with a medium teal, similar to Inglot's 504. Apply the shade under the browbone and on the upper lid.
2. With a medium rose shade, like Inglot's 495, apply the shadow on the full lid. Apply two coats to assure an opaque look.
3. Dip a Q-tip in makeup remover and rub on skin to better define the outlines of each color.
4. With black liquid eyeliner, like Sephora's Aqua Liner, draw a thick a thick line above lashes. Once the desire thickness is acheived, extend the line into an exaggerated cat eye, about a half inch past the outer crease of the lids.
5. Coat eyelashes in a true black mascara, like Buxom Buxom's Amplified Mascara, to create a dramatic look.