Back in the early 90s, Rosie Huntington-Whitely was no more than a smalltown girl living on an English farm. After a major growth spurt at age 13, she went from being teased for her tiny chest and big lips to being voted Most Likely to Become a Supermodel.
She soon became bored of her farm life, and decided to travel to London. At age 16, she was ‘discovered’, and starred in a commercial for Levi’s. Although she couldn’t drive, she spent her entire check on a Ford Ka, wholeheartedly believing it was the only time she would ever get paid for modeling. Needless to say, she was wrong.
After relocating to America in 2006, Rosie began traveling on her road to superstardom as she began modeling for Victoria’s Secret, becoming an official Victoria’s Secret Angel in 2009. She went on to star in Burberry’s 2008 Fall / Winter campaign, and became a constant feature on best dressed lists, including Elle and Harper’s Bazaar, and magazine covers, including British Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, and GQ UK. She is currently ranked No. 1 on Maxim’s Hot List, and will begin her acting career by replacing Megan Fox in the third – and hopefully last - installment of the Transformers series.
It’s plain to see that Rosie Huntington-Whitely is becoming a major star, but unlike many celebrities – we’re looking at you, Nicki Minaj – she has a superstar wardrobe to accompany her booming career. According to InStyle, she “has made every red carpet appearance a mini fashion show.” From Burberry to Gucci to Stella Mccartney, Rosie Huntington-Whitely isn’t afraid to add glitter, animal print, or oversized flowers, but still manages to achieve a sophisticated, classic look. Here are a few of her most critically acclaimed outfits:
1. At the premiere of Transformers, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was reminiscent of Jessica Rabbit as she sparkled in a red lamé Antonio Berardi gown.
2. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wore a silver, open back Naeem Khan gown to the Tranformers premiere in Berlin.
3. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley rocked a giant flower, sheer bottom, and the ever-tricky chartreuse shade in a Gucci dress at the premiere of Transformers in Moscow.
4. As previously mentioned, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was one of the few celebrities to pull off the animal print trend at the MTV Movie Awards. She wore a tiger print Dolce and Gabbana, Sergio Rossi heels, and a Salvatore Ferragamo clutch.
5. A not-yet-famous Rosie shined amoung the superstars late last year at the Met Gala in a long, silk rose Burberry gown and touseled waves.
6. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley opted for a black belted Michael Kors gown for a Transformers press conference. Talk about making a good impression!
7. For the Guys Choice Awards, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley rocked a gorgeous slitted dress by Mary-Kate and Ashley's surprisingly fabulous clothing line, The Row.
8. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley relaxed with some shopping on 5th Avenue, looking chic as ever in big sunglasses, a white top, black capris, and her favorite Alexander Wang bag.