|Me, this time last year!|
Maybe I have grown a little in the past year, but there's always room for improvement. On with the resolutions!:
|Me, a few weeks ago. A few more things have changed than just my hair color!|
2. Make connections. This requires being outgoing enough to remain memorable in a busy industry. I'm an extremely shy person, but I'm gradually becoming much more open.
3. Keep in touch. This is another one of my weaker spots. When I do happen to get along well with someone, I tend to lose touch with them after the internship ends and I'm no longer seeing them on a constant basis. The same thing happens at the end of the semester and with past coworkers. Now, when I meet someone new in the industry, I try to add them on LinkedIn before I have time to lose touch.
|I'm lucky enough to be at my dream school, but I want to be a better student!|
2. Buy a planner. With everything I have going on, its very easy to forget about assignments and tests. Like I said, the work isn't too difficult, so I'm usually fine. But, who really needs the extra stress of cramming, especially when it can easily be avoided? Next semester, I'm buying a planner, and I'm actually going to use it!
3. Get more involved.I've been saying since the first semester of college that I was going to get more involved, and, so far, nothing has changed. I want to be a journalist, so next semester, I'm going to make sure to get involved on W27 [FIT newspaper] and ED2010 [the FIT chapter].
|I've learned a lot at Clinique, but there's still so much more to learn!|
2. Practice applying makeup. I have officially mastered the art of matching foundation, but there's still so much more to learn! I must get a million compliments each day on my own makeup, but I'm still not totally comfortable applying it on other people.
BLOG:1. Blog more often. Remember how often I used to blog? Sometimes I would post up to eight times a day! Of course, life gets busy, and commitments get in the way, but I truly love blogging and I don't want to lose my following!
2. Increase followers by the end of next year. This goal may seem a little high, but by the end of next year, I want to have at least 1000 followers! If I can continually grow my fan base through consistent blogging, outfit posts, and contests, I definitely believe its possible!
|I want to write more about my own style!|
4. Outfit blog. I've probably been saying this for seemingly forever, but I really do ant to start outfit blogging! But first, I need more shoes. And tops. And jackets. And leggings, tights, and stockings. And, I also ant to get back don to a Size 0 or a Size 2, depending on when I feel comfortable.
5. Get more active on Tumblr. I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but I created Tumblr! I'm still learning more about the community and the platform in general, so any tips would be great. Pretty much, it'll be more up to the moment posts, which my blog will remain more journalistic. Check it out here!
6. Hold more contests. It seems like everyone is holding contests on their blogs, and it seems like a really great way to attract [and hopefully retain] readers! So, I will begin holding contests once a month. I'll announce them on Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook, and right here on my blog. They will end the first Friday of each month. And, of course, once I reach 300, 500, 750, and 1000 followers, the contests ill be bigger and much more often! Scroll down for instructions on how to enter to win a free subscription to Elle.
MYSELF:1. Develop a signature style. Nicole Richie's signature style is boho-chic. Blair Waldorf's is preppy. Bebe Zeva's is eclectic goth. And Elle Ribera's is pastel. But, what's mine? That's what i want to figure out next year.
|Even as little as a weekly trip to Central Park would help me relax!|
3. Exercise more. I eat pretty healthy, but I'm not as thin as I should be. With my eating habits and body type, I should look like Elle Ribera, but I don't. And why not? Because I don't exercise nearly enough!
4. Cook more and eat out less. Since college began, my boyfriend and I became notoriously known for going out for sushi five (!) times a week. By anyone's standards, that's A LOT. And, even though we had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed our paychecks, we were left with nothing until the next paycheck came. We've cut down on the eating out considerably within the past few months, but there's still room for improvement. Besides, cooking is not only healthier and less expensive, but it can be a lot of fun!
5. Be more outgoing. As I mentioned above, I'm naturally an extremely shy person. Becoming more outgoing is one of my biggest goals for 2012!
6. Learn to relax. I'm 100% a Type A personality, so I tend to have a lot of trouble hitting the OFF button [as far as work, school, and internships] when I finally have free time, which I don't have a lot of to begin with! Do you know I've only been to Central Park three times since moving to New York last August?! No that I'll be uptown at Elle three days a week, I definitely ant to take more time to explore the area, even if that only means lunch in Bryant Park once a week.
MY FIRST CONTEST
|Win a free subscription to Elle!|
Now, onto the fun part! In honor of my new internship at Elle, I am giving away a FREE one-year subscription of the magazine! Here's how to enter:
Required [Same comment, counts as one entry]:
1. Tell me why you LOVE Elle.
2. Follow me publicly via Google Friend Connect. [Leave a link to your blog]
Extra Entries [Separate comments]:
3. Follow me on Tumblr. [+1]
4. Follow me on Twitter. [+1]
5. Like my Facebook page. [+1]
Simple enough, right? Just remember, all entries get separate comments, except for the first two which must be in the same comment! Please do not forget to leave me a link to your Tumblr and Twitter pages -- It's only fair I follow back! And, let me know where you live. I want to make sure I send you the right edition of Elle!
The contest closes at 12 AM EST on January 6th. Winner will be notified via Twitter and Email (so don't forget to leave me one!) GOOD LUCK!